03 June 2012

Waiting, Waiting and more Waiting

This pregnancy has gone by pretty quickly.  We spent a lot of time not telling anyone, so we just enjoyed our fun game.  Then, by the time people even knew we were expecting I was more than half way done.  By then we were in the middle of the musical, so our focus was on that.  Then, we looked forward to the end of the school year and heading out to James' sisters wedding.  Our goal was to get home without having the baby.  But now that we are home the next thing on our list is to have this baby.  The boys spend their time outside playing and enjoying the beautiful weather, we finished setting up the baby's room, and I have started time off from most of my teaching.  James is home and bored (as you read already) and we are all just waiting.  I'm not very good at waiting and neither is James.  Maybe we will find a project to do this week to keep us busy.  If anyone has suggestions for what an awkwardly pregnant woman can do to keep busy let me know!  

Some people don't think I look very pregnant, so I thought I would post a before and after picture.  It may not be convincing, but I thought I would try.  :)  



4 comments:

Lynne said...

Go for short walks together, shop for a cute post pregnancy outfit, spend some time planning your days for after the baby is born (so the baby can change it all), spend a little extra time with your current "baby", he won't be that ever again (even if he is 6). And, your pictures are convincing...comparison, a good thing.

Jodi said...

A project. We canned the week before Vida was born. We also made name plaques for our girls. Or, go out to eat or see a movie! Heaven knows it will be awhile before you can do that again. Making freezer meals is always a good idea with a newborn on the way.

Racheal said...

That's awesome you are having another baby. When are you do? This pregnancy when by fast for me too. ;)

Liz said...

Rach-I am due in two weeks. Sorry, we never really publicly announced it. I was waiting to surprise my family in Utah, so I couldn't just blog it.