21 June 2012

Happy Father's Day


I am sorry I am a little late posting this, but better late than never.  First, Happy Father's Day to all of the fathers in my life and thank you for all you do!  I thought it would be fun to look at the last year and see some of the fun things that these dads have done!

 We'll start with James . . .

This year James got to spend some fun boy time at Cub Scout Day Camp.


Made Pine Wood Derby cars . . .


Baptized Joshua . . .


Directed a musical with Joshua in it.  . . 


He also coached soccer, went on bike rides, baked treats, wrestled and played with his boys as much as possible.
 

It has definitely been a fun year with daddy!  As our boys get older I have learned that they need their dad and am glad that they have a dad who is there for them!  Thanks for being a great dad!  

We also got to see my dad this year in Florida which was a lot of fun.  I don't have any pictures but he took the boys to the beach and showed them how to play in the big Atlantic waves.  That was a great adventure.   

The boys have had several opportunities to see their Grandpa Hutchings and during those times they have heard many 'grandpa stories.'  I am pretty sure they would listen to grandpa stories all day long.  It is great to see them learning about family history and hearing about some great examples in their family they can follow.  


I have learned that once you are dad, you are always a dad, as we see below as Grandpa H. is teaching Michael how to mow his lawn.  Being a dad is a wonderful thing and I am grateful for the fathers in my life and the ones in my boys' lives.   I want you all to know that the work you are doing is important and the influence you have is crucial.  Thank you for being great dads and I hope you all had a Happy Father's Day!




No comments: