04 October 2008

Potty Training Day 5

Wow!  I cannot believe it has been five days already.  Jacob didn't wake up wet in the night until after 4 AM.  I will appreciate all forms of improvement.  I did learn that I need to stay with him until he falls back to sleep.  Those 5 - 10 minutes are much easier to give when the option of no more sleep the rest of the night is the other option!  As for the day I worked hard not to make him go potty only ask if he needs to go and ask if he is still dry.  He did a good job saying when he needed to go and even said when he needed to go poopy vs just needing to go potty.  I usually just had him go on his own which I think he likes better then a caravan of followers.  In the end he stayed dry and no poo in the pants!  He had two BMs and both made it to the toilet without my forcing--which is good because I cannot predict those!  He still needs encouragement to stay until he is done, but as long as he gets himself there without a mess who am I to complain!  I think we've been pretty successful!  Yippee!  I figure we'll be done when he is dry at night, so hopefully that will happen soon, so we can put a check mark in the toilet trained box!

2 comments:

Glennjamen said...

You're POTTY TRAINING! How did I miss this conversation? (Not that I need to know every intimate detail about your life.) Well, congratulations! I hope it continues to go well. I will have to get some tips from you sometime. Potty training has always been an adventure in our house. I still don't think I have it quite figured out yet and I feel like I am constantly reinventing the wheel. Maybe that's the problem. I need to find a consistent method.

James said...

You used poopy and BM in the same sentence. Too funny . . .