07 October 2008

Poo Poo Everywhere!

So, what is the dumbest thing you can do while toilet training?  A good question and here is the answer. . . you can strap your 2 year old into a car seat for a 14 hour drive.  Then, you talk on your cell phone with everyone you know, so you don't get bored out of your mind and ignore your children who are having a blast playing with your IPOD.  So, there we are driving along and Joshua tells me that Jacob went poopy in his panties, so I get off the phone and pull over to take care of it.  Then, we drive on and I get back on the phone and continue to ignore my children some more.  We end up in a great construction mess--one lane freeways should be banned and the same message makes its way to me again.  In the end even had I been paying attention there was NO place to stop, so we just kept going until we came across a town where we pulled over and took care of it.  On the plus side he didn't ever wet himself!  There is always something to be grateful for!  :)

Now here we are at the end of our road trip (which we took on Sunday) and I have to get him used to another house.  He only had one little accident yesterday and one today.  I think he is afraid to go, so I'm going to congratulate him with yummy things when he goes potty and is dry just to get him back on his feet.  Honestly one accident a day in a new place is doing pretty darn good, but I am a perfectionist, so we will go for a perfect day tomorrow!  All in all if he can handle this craziness he can handle anything!

No comments: