02 October 2008

Potty Training Day 3

I'm not exactly sure if today was successful or not?!?  He woke up once wet in the night but then awoke dray in the morning.  I thought that was successful, but then I was coming home from the gym and didn't know that and had assumed he had gone to the bathroom, so didn't ask him about it until it was too late.  But then just an hour later we had our first BM in the toilet.  Now there is something to cheer about!  Then, we went on a field trip and for the most part he did great, but did have a little present for me in his panties which happened when he disappeared with some friends, but then he left many more presents in the toilet than were in his panties.  I think he really learned during that time how to go poo in the toilet.  He really knew what he was doing and was learning what it felt like.  Progress!  He did have one more accident later but he always comes to me to tell me, so he knows what he did was wrong.  I think today we learned a lot. . . I learned that leaving the house and having a crazy schedule doesn't help the process and he learned what things feel like and what he should not be doing.  I think in the end it was a good day.  

I have to admit even though he didn't master using the toilet in 48 hours I have really been calm, patient and determined to teach him how to do it.  A small victory for me!  I've really been working on being a Christlike parent and one of the things I'm working on is my reactions.  I'm proud to say I've seen progress in the way I've interacted with Jacob during this progress.  I've really been calm, patient and loving just as I think I should be.  And well, if I can do that while toilet training I think I can do it anytime!  :)

No comments: