02 November 2010

The Journey Begins

The boys and I have now been on the road for 1 1/2 days and well, we have seen a lot of freeway and visited many bathrooms (way too many in my opinion). We are now about 1 1/2 outside of Boston, MA and are very excited to actually go do and see things tomorrow! Yippee! The boys have been really good about the trip so far and have listened to audio books non-stop! We finished the Thief Lord first and enjoyed it but it wasn't our favorite. It is by Cornelia Funke and we really enjoyed the Dragon Rider much better and recommend it to all! We listened to a lot of Magic Treehouse and I must admit that I don't hate them which is good because I brought a lot of them (almost all that the library had).

One thing that did make me sad today was that we just missed the fall leaves. We drove through upstate NY today and I was so hoping to see some beautiful scenes but while there was some orange there was not much else. :(

Well, now it is time to sleep, so I will have the energy to see the historical sites in Boston with the boys and hopefully be to our next stop (Philadelphia) before bedtime tomorrow night! Our blog for tomorrow should be much more interesting!

2 comments:

James said...

I miss you. Have extra fun on my behalf. :)

Mom said...

You, Liz, are the MOM!