31 October 2010

Trip to Columbia

As an online teacher for Columbia College, I sometimes get to attend conferences in Columbia. This is a perfect chance for us to take a little vacation and visit our Columbia friends! So, the boys and I took off Thursday to head down. We actually left 45 minutes early because the boys were so excited to leave. We spent Thursday night with the Lough's and enjoyed a lovely evening with them. We even played around and made this great Halloween Video of the kids.


The next day we spent the morning, afternoon and evening with three different families. It was hard to say good bye at each but fun to arrive at the next. The boys spent spent the night with the last family while I went to my conference. I guess I can't just play the whole time. They had a ton of fun and even got to go to the ward trunk or treat and see all of their friends again.

My conference went really well and we really did have fun. I don't know if you can imagine what it would be like to put a bunch of female online math teachers together but let me just say it is pretty fun. We're definitely not what you would think of when you think of college math teachers. I even got to stay in a hotel room all by myself. Honestly, I just slept there but it was awesome to know that no one was going to come in and wake me up in the middle of the night!

The next day I had more meetings. I then had to find all the boys and relax a bit before we headed home. Overall it was a great trip and we had a blast seeing our old friends. I decided we need to do it more often, though, so now I need to start planning the next trip . . . maybe in the spring?

What I always love, though, is the recovery from your vacation. In order to recover (and in my defense I have been a little sick) I slept for 12 hours last night. I feel better and now have to sleep some more in preparation for our next trip! US History tour here we come!

No comments: