31 May 2013

We Bought a House!

We finally closed on our house today!  Well, I think that we technically closed yesterday as I began signing yesterday, but we finished it all up this morning.  I would like to say it is over, but now we begin the renovation stage.  Yippee!

I thought it was about time that we posted some pictures of our new house now that it is official!
The front of the house.


Playing in the woods out back.  I think they will spend a lot of time out here.
Up in the loft.
The other half of the loft that is closed off and may possibly help keep sound in.  :)

One half of the new big boys room.
The other half of the new big boys room.  You get to use your imaginations.  :)

The future boys bathroom.  It is currently small and has a urinal.  We will have to wait and see what stays and what goes.  

Passthrough behind the bathroom that will become part of the bathroom. 

Another bedroom, possibly Hyrum's bedroom.  

Hyrum throwing his first fit in the house. 

Kitchen

Another kitchen shot.  The door goes out the back of the house onto a deck.

More kitchen.

Bathroom that will soon have the laundry in it as well.  

Part of the master bedroom.

We are standing in the shower for the new master bathroom.
 Most of the rooms are currently offices, so we will need to move things around a little and get rid of that lovely office carpet.
Future family room down in the basement.
Future garage.  It will only be a one car garage, but I will take what I can get.

Stairs to the basement.

Porch off of the kitchen.  Hopefully we will have lots of fun barbeques out here!
 Today I needed to pick up the new flooring for the house.  It was a lot heavier than I expected, so I had to scramble and find some help to get it unloaded, but we did it!  It only took me 6 hours to drive up to Davenport, pick up the Uhaul, get the wood, drive it back to Galesburg, and get it unloaded.  Did you know that a truck with almost 4 tons of flooring in it is difficult to drive?  Well, I know that now.  It was quite a stressful drive, but I made it!  I was grateful for some great friends who helped me get the wood and get it unloaded.  I can't wait to see it after it is installed!


So, now we have some great before pictures, and we will just have to wait for some work to get done to get some after pictures for you!  Hopefully it will be a smooth and exciting project!  

We also met one of our neighbors tonight while we were taking pictures.  The man who has been taking care of the yard including the hay stopped by to meet us.  They have three children 9, 11 and 12, so the boys are really excited to meet them and hopefully play together often!  People out in the country are really nice!  It will be fun getting to know our new neighbors and embarking on our newest adventure!

6 comments:

Lynne said...

So, so exciting! It will be fun to see it at is progresses to your home! Bet the boys had so much fun in all that space! Be sure to check for ticks...we have them here, maybe you don't have them there.

Jodi said...

Eeeeee! So exiting. You guys will make it fantastic!

Heather said...

I am so ridiculously jealous right now. I am soooo excited for you guys and can't wait to comme see it.

Michelle Packard said...

I just want you all to know we have been there and it is as wonderful as it looks! Congrats!

RondaJo said...

Exciting!! I love the house and can't wait to see how it all turns out. :)

Joseph Petersen said...

You have got to keep the urinal. Ever mans dream to have a home bathroom with one in it.