10 May 2013

A New Chapter

In the last few months we have decided to move to a house in the country where we can have some animals, a bigger garden, and just more room for the boys.  The process has been an interesting one but amazingly quick and incredible.  In the beginning of February we found the house we were going to buy and put an offer on it.  Then, we put our house on the market and sold it.  We will close on our house on Monday but will not be able to move into the new house for a couple more months due some pretty major renovations that need to take place.  So, we have a little mini chapter of our lives that involves living in a little rental house.  We were blessed to have a friend let us rent his house for a couple of months.  I had never tried looking for temporary housing before, and let me just say that it is pretty much impossible, so I am glad that we had a friend who could help.

We spent this past week cleaning it and moving in, so it has been a crazy busy week, but we were blessed with friends who helped us every step of the way making it possible for us to get everything done.

So, now we are moved in and enjoying the charms of a smaller older house.  We are between two railroad tracks with one of them in our backyard.  Been there done that and doing that again!  There is a big yard, though, and the boys are loving the room to play in.  The previous tenants also left some fun toys that the boys have been having fun playing with.  Every time I look around they found something new to play with.  They found a robot dinosaur, transformers and the latest discovery was bubbles.  We'll just call them little perks after all of their hard work moving and cleaning.

I was worried about fitting everything and everyone in but we managed to fit a bed for everyone, a couple of dressers and minimal other furniture.  I vacuumed tonight and was able to plug the vacuum in only once and vacuum the entire house.  I couldn't believe it!  It was actually kind of nice and it took a lot less time then I am used to which was pretty nice.  There is always a silver lining!

I thought I would add some pictures, so you can all enjoy the house with us!

Living Room:  We fit in the piano, couch, dresser with computer and printer and some bookshelves to use for storage.  Not bad!

Dining Room:  What you see is what you get.

Kitchen:  There is a little pantry also, but well, that is it.  I am sure missing my old kitchen, but we can definitely make this work and be very grateful for our new kitchen that we will eventually have.

Michael finally gets his own room!  But Joshua came to read with him tonight.

Master bedroom . . . Our bed fits!  That is all that fits but at least it fits!
And here are the rest of the beds!  I love that the boys find ways to have fun and be adventurous wherever they are!
It is amazing how much less we can do with.  While I won't complain when we move into the larger house, this is a great reminder of what we really do need and it helps me be grateful for the things I have.

So, welcome to the next small chapter of our lives!

No comments: