25 May 2010

Day of Mass Destruction

The walls are out. The soffits are out. Big thanks to our friend, Dan, who spent the day helping me out today. We had to do a little insulation cleanup, but all in all I think it went rather smoothly. We also got the carpet out of the dining room today, so now we can haul everything over there while we take out the rest!



Liz was so great and helped get the mess cleaned up. We had to break up the sheetrock and bag it into 50 pound parcels and we're praying that the garbage people will take them tomorrow! We were able to salvage enough wood to do the framing we need on the old doorway. Winning day all around!

3 comments:

Somerset said...

Perhaps Liz would be more inclined to enjoy the process if you named it "deconstruction" instead of "destruction"...It sounds much more constructive, and from your last post she sounds none too excited!

BTW...I miss you guys!

Liz said...

Oh, I just hate the mess. I am very excited for the end result, though.

And the garbage people took all of it away! It was awesome!

Michelle Packard said...

I like the open look...