22 July 2009

Project 1


Project #1 is now finished. In full disclosure I should tell you that it's actually project #2 that I leaped in to while the mud was drying from project #1. Yes, it's nice to have a back-up project. Michael is, at this moment, leaning up against his new headboard reading a book before his inevitable sleep time, and when he's done with it he can leave it in the built-in bookshelves on the sides. Should we need extra space, the trundle still pulls right out for easy accommodation. It could use another coat of paint to give it a real lustre, but Joshua tossed sawdust onto it during drying, and someone's bound to write on it in the next few days, so I'm not going to lose a wink over the possible second coat. I primed, I painted, I assembled. Most importantly, I learned, and my next project will be easier because of it.
Oh, and a special thanks to Dad for helping me think through the execution of this project this morning.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Awesome! What owning your own home does for the creative genes! Good job!

Glenn and Sara said...

Wow! Looks great! Are you sure you don't want to make a visit to Columbia and help us finish our basement?(grin:-)Miss you guys!