30 July 2009

The newest member of our family


I know that James will have to blog his own version of this story but I thought I would add mine as well. . . we got a dog. As you know I'm not really a pet person but I love my husband enough to let him get his dog. He found a pretty yellow lab who is 9 months old. He is trained in many ways but needs a little more training to our home and our lifestyle. I believe we are calling him George as his last owner called him Izzy for awhile and then just dog from there on out. It is really interesting to see him interact with the boys. Michael is the quiet shy kind who likes to just take him for a walk but does not like it when he gets wild. Joshua likes to play, play and play some more. I'm very impressed by how he can get him all excited and then deal with it and enjoy it. Jacob needs a little more training in the dog area. He is learning not to just grab his collar and hold on, not to lock him in rooms and not to put food too close to his face. Poor Jacob and his many struggles with this move.

George and I have a very simple relationship. I will pet him for a minute and then he knows to move on. James has taken on the responsibility for the dog, so I just help when I can and ask for help when I need it. I'm doing better and we seem to be getting along just fine. He even likes to be with me. In this photo he is just sitting in my office with me while I blog-I couldn't find the camera so this is the best I have for now. I also learned that he sleeps on my side of the bed, so he must like me--or maybe I'm just a quieter sleeper. :) Who knows!

1 comment:

Dad said...

Liz, Smokey always slept on mom's side of the bed as her protector. Perhaps George is looking after you.