30 July 2009

Crazy Internet

What could make me more crazy than sketchy internet? Well, if you can think of something let me know because I can't. We decided to just stick with Centurytel even though they said the speed would not be quite as fast. What they failed to tell us was that it would not be hooked up properly when we got there and not until after two service calls was it up and working--I use the term working loosely. I had to run one of my chats sitting outside the library--not the best situation. Then, the internet would just randomly shut off and maybe start back up. They came out a couple more times to try and help but in the end when I get kicked out of my own chats enough times I will find another solution--there is nothing like being kicked off line while students are sitting and trying to learn from you--arg!

So, today Comcast came and hooked us up with lightning fast internet and I haven't been kicked off once. We'll wait 24 hours to be sure before we cancel our Centurytel but I think Comcast is the big winner! And then maybe my stress levels can come down just a bit!

Though, I have to tell you about my funny conversation with the Comcast lady on the phone. When I told her I was interested in internet and phone she asked if I already had another source for TV. I proceeded to tell her that my antenna and I were getting along just fine. She then asked how it was working after the change to all digital TV. I got to tell her it works even better because now everything comes in digital. Who know you could get HD TV with just an antenna--best $20 I ever spent. I think she was surprised but knew she was fighting a losing battle. What would I do with all those extra channels when I can't even find time to sit and relax for 10 minutes?

Well, I hope you enjoyed our crazy story and you're probably glad you weren't here to live it with us because we were crazy stressed! But now all is well and we can focus on more important things!

No comments: