11 April 2009

Monopoly

So, Liz, Joshua, and Michael just finished a two hour game of Monopoly.  Michael carefully chose it as his gift for his mother's birthday, and they played it for the first time today.  I'm just grateful they chose to play using the "shorter game" rules.  The boys especially loved working with the money, their favorite being making change.  It was exciting to pay money and then get money back, of course!

I'm not a big game player, and I wanted to let the boys play with Mom, so I ran to the store to get stuff for dinner, browsed the Chinese Market after I realized they had no fresh basil, drove home, checked email, made lunch, smelled Jacob's very poopy self, ignored said poopy, ate my lunch in a chair far from Jacob, read the pooper a hilarious, yet strangely political story about a baby duckbill marooned in a family of blood-thirsty Tyrannosaurus (I do good voices), checked email again (I'm waiting for a coupon) and did general chat and clean up things.  It's amazing how much one can accomplish when one doesn't like to play board games!

Michael still likes to pronounce the game [mo-no-PO-ly] just to get a rise out of me.  He giggles every time I shoot him the "look of mispronunciation . . ."

2 comments:

Mom said...

So fun! Thanks for sharing!

Justin said...

I hope the pooper got changed! Sounds like an enjoyable day, enjoy the coupon!