11 January 2008

Day One With My Trainer

We started nice and easy with a little warm up and stretching.  Then, she took me to do some cardio.  Now I'm all for cardio, I ran three miles yesterday just for a nice little workout, but today she had something different in mind.  She took me to a machine that I think should be banned from every gym.  It is actually a machine that I have never seen before, it was a stair stepper with actual steps, so I was literally walking up flight after flight of stairs.  Running up the stairs will never seem so bad again after going about 100 flights of stairs in a half an hour.  But I survived!  Yippee!

After that great experience we then worked on strength training which I really enjoyed.  For some reason that feeling that your muscles are being worked and stretched is exhilarating.  Overall I think it was successful and gave me the ideas I needed for some great workouts on my own for a week and then I'll go back for more!  I will miss working out with someone.  Even if I only met her yesterday it is nice to have someone to talk to while working out.  Maybe I'll just have to make a friend at the gym.  She told me I need to work out 5 days a week, so that gives me plenty of time to meet people!  Now if I can just find the time to fit that in!


2 comments:

Justin said...

James, I started my intermediate weight training class last week, and today I found a lifting partner that actually wants to lift! It seems a rare treasure to find, at least last semester it was. I think he might be the end of me. We did lower body today, and quite frankly, I can barely walk, and stairs are a joke. Yeah, BYU doesn't have any stairs...ha! I can't even get back to the normal part of campus without going up a million! But hey, Wednesday is upper body, and that is my favorite! I just feel manly when I get done with upper body lifting. Lower body is just annoying because you can't walk, and no one cares what your legs look like anyway!

Justin said...

I guess my comment should be directed to Liz? I get confused when there are two of you posting!