10 January 2008

Bod Pod

Today I met with my personal trainer for the first time.  Today was the assessment day to see where I am and set goals for where I want to end up.  It was exciting and intimidating all at the same time.  To help me set my goals I got to put on my swimming suit including a swimming cap (I felt a bit silly--sorry no photo) and sit in a little pod that somehow figures out my lean weight vs my fat weight.  I felt like I was in an old sci-fi movie.  Then, it tells me what percent of my body is fat.  A very humbling experience.  

But then I got to play with the percents to see how much weight I need to lose to put my body fat percent in the right place and that was really fun!  It is fascinating to see how much of your body weight is nonnegotiable.  Hmmm. . . Very interesting.

Tomorrow I get to back and she will put me to work.  I can't wait!  I will let you know how it goes . . .

No comments: