06 September 2011

Mommy and the Boys

James was gone this weekend visiting family, so the boys and I partied all weekend! On Friday we met friends at the park and enjoyed soccer practice. Then, finished the day with ice cream and a movie.

Saturday was predicted to be the last hot day of the summer, so we spent the afternoon at the pool. The boys get free passes with the summer reading program, so I thought it best to give them an opportunity to use. Joshua loved going down the big slide over and over and even talked me into going down once. Michael sat and chatted with me a bit and we watched Jacob eying the smaller slide. I asked him whether or not he thought Jacob would go down and he pondered it for awhile. I told him that I didn't think that he would, so what did he do? He walked over and played with Jacob and talked him into going down. He even met him at the bottom! What a great brother! After going down a couple of times he was a pro and enjoyed going down the slide many more times. He even got faster which was super cute! Afterwards we enjoyed going to a baptism of one of Joshua's friends at church. It was a great baptism and I am glad we were able to go. Of course we ended the day with ice cream and finished Friday nights movie.

Sunday was calm and relaxing and we enjoyed a great day at church. In the afternoon we made cookies and took them to a new family from church. We ended up staying for quite awhile playing and talking! It is nice having a new family whose children play so well with mine!

Monday was Labor Day, of course, so we went to a pancake breakfast that our church puts on and the boys stuffed their faces-literally. Jacob sat and ate for over an hour. It was no surprise that they were not hungry at lunch time. After the breakfast we headed over to the parade, which we had never been to. Look at us moving out of our comfort zone . . . ok, well, my comfort zone. But we went with friends and that makes everything better. Now I must tell you that a friend told me that they don't hand out very much candy but I beg to differ. Here are the pictures of the boys sorting their candy. They were adamant that I not take any of their candy away (they have figured me out). So, I had to come up with the new plan . . . they each made small bags of candy and we labeled them with a date; one small bag for each day. It was a win-win because they don't eat too much candy in one day AND the candy lasts longer which they love!



The rest of the afternoon was just relaxing which is always nice. For Family Home Evening I had the boys work together to act out scripture stories and see if I could guess them. It was a blast!

So, we had a great weekend without James but missed him and are glad he is home!!! Next weekend is his turn to have boys weekend! I know they will have some great adventures!

1 comment:

Racheal said...

It always sound like you guys have so much fun. I must be boring. ;) I love the candy they got. That's the best part about parades.