03 February 2011

All done!

So, Michael and I did the lasts of this today, and we're happy to not be shoveling right now and for the next few days. I have to record here that Michael was the true titan of snow removal for this storm. He shoveled Tuesday before we left for Peoria, helped me that afternoon, got us first thing Wednesday to tackle it, and was out again this morning before I was even out of bed to clear out what the plows left behind. On Tuesday he told the neighbour that, on a scale of 1 to 10, he likes shoveling about a 7. This morning he informed me that it's now more like a 4. I suppose too much of a good thing can influence your excitement.

Despite his waning affection, he never yielded. He started first, worked until he was exhausted, then asked for help to finish. He and I discussed this morning how difficult it was getting for him to get the snow over the mountainous drifts that only grew as we shoveled. Still, he shoveled on, carrying the icy blocks to the edge and lifting them over. How can a Dad hope for any more than that from or for his children in the work arena? I predict this one will be quite successful in whatever he chooses because he has learned to work hard and long.

Here's the evidence of his efforts.

2 comments:

Heather said...

You guys rock. Pretty snow. I hope to see pictures of a snow fort soon.

Mom said...

Good job Michael! Next time we get a big snow on our driveway, I'll give you a call! And, I'm sure you will be very happy that you can't get to our house.