03 September 2008

Cave Art

I was very sad when we did a unit on the ice age, prehistoric animals and anything else related to learn that the boys already knew everything I could think of to teach them.  So, we got several books at the library and they had fun looking over them--we have upgraded to the J section in the library since they've read all of the Easy NonFiction books.  Then, just because I was out of ideas I asked them to draw pictures of the animals etc on a large sheet of paper.  James came home and was so impressed because it was like Cave Art.  Yea, I wish I had thought of that myself but in the end the result was the same and we have some great cave art!  It makes me wonder who really created cave art--the adults or the children?

Now we're going to learn about Ancient Egypt and I just pray they can learn something new!  :)

No comments: