13 September 2008

After the camp out

Well, the "camp out" was a smashing success, but left us all a little fatigued for the remainder of the weekend.  Jacob is currently in that "can't nap, but is unbearable without one" stage, and Joshua's fever peaked just over 102º sometime during the mid-afternoon.  We did our grocery shopping this morning and scored another amazing cereal deal, and I think we're now fully stocked for breakfast for at least 8 months.  Cereal is good.

As the rainy afternoon wore on (thank you, IKE!) I almost locked myself in my room for good measure.  Finally Michael asked to play outside, and I figured warm day, no rain at the moment, and I need a break.  He rode up and down the street, enjoying the wind in his hair, and finally being outside with at least a moment of reprieve from the inside of our abode.  So, out he went.

Within three minutes the heavens opened and I ran outside to call Michael in, because those open heavens know that Michael does not come in just because there's a flash flood warning.  He came happily pedaling back through storm, raced into the garage, dismounted in a flourish, and asked if he could stay outside and play.  I figured warm day, warm rain, and I've got towels—go play!

Jacob joined him, reveling in the wetness and the newness, and Joshua even ventured out for a minute to taste the rain before joining me again in the garage where he quietly informed me that "It's too wet."  At least he tried.  Here's a little taste of the wet fun.

No comments: