24 March 2013

Growing So Quickly

I realized something about babies. . .  for the first few months you feel like they will never grow up, they will never sleep through the night, and you will never get anything done ever again.  Then, a few months go by and you can't figure out where the time went and how your little baby became a larger baby who is now crawling, climbing, and playing.  This age is so much fun!  Hyrum will now play with us which is great fun.  He likes to wave, play peek-a-boo, climb, tickle and do that great game that when you tap his mouth he makes noise and listens to it come and go.  He is actually pretty creative with this game and used my face one day to create the same effect.  Needless to say it was a little uncomfortable, but it was super cute!  Congrats to James for capturing that moment.


Hyrum is also growing like a weed and has finally put on some chub.  But with the chub he is outgrowing his infant car seat, so we had to go in search of a new car seat.  Apparently now kids are supposed to be rear facing until they are 2?  I am not sure what is up with that but since he is only 9 months I left him rear facing for now.  I think that he would love to face forward soon, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

The boys are loving Hyrum more and more now that he plays with them, and he sure loves them.  He nearly jumps out of my arms every time he sees Michael and will crawl to his brothers sometimes before he crawls to me.  Sweet!

And they loved to play with his new car seat and car seat box.  Joshua had fun helping me figure out the car seat and find the well hidden latches (I might not have found them without his help) while Jacob had a blast playing in the box.  Life is good when we have empty boxes to play in.  Remind me again why we buy toys?  I will put out a bunch of toys and Hyrum will ignore them all find something else to play with.  When will we learn!    So, life is good and hopefully after today's snow storm we will see Spring!



3 comments:

Jodi said...

Babies are wonderful.

The rear facing until 2 is a joke to me. It is a recommendation I chose to ignore.

Justin said...

By ignore, she means we put our kids front-facing at 9-months old. Yup... Made for a much safer ride without having the distractions of screaming baby.

Lynne said...

I thought he grew up so much just while you were here for 10 days. It was so much fun having you all here. By the way, I put all the stuff back on the bookshelves. :)