19 August 2012

Happy Anniversary!

We celebrated our 12th Anniversary on Friday!  Wow, I can't believe we have being married for twelve whole years.  After twelve years we are happier than we have ever been.  We felt like our anniversary was a celebration of our marriage but a celebration of the family we have created as well, so we spent Friday night celebrating together and Saturday night celebrating as a family.

Friday night we went to our favorite restaurant in town, Landmark, and enjoyed savory crepes for dinner and a sweet crepe for desert.  We split an amazing Banana Foster crepe and let me just say that it was amazing!!  Mmmmm. . .   Afterward James took me to Target to pick out a bike!  We have always talked about how fun it would be to go on family bike rides, but I have never had a bike.  No more!  What a great present!  On Saturday we had fun figuring out how to take Hyrum on our bike rides.  I think the pictures show our best solution.  I must admit that I felt like an Asian woman riding a bike with my baby.  





My gift is one that he will have to wait for, but I am making arrangements with the owner of Landmark (the restaurant mentioned above) for James to go in and work for a night in the kitchen.  He will get to be apart of the prep and evening work in the kitchen with the chef and others.  As you know, James loves to cook and has wondered if he would like owning a restaurant.  So, this is an opportunity to see what it would really be like.  Hopefully we will find a time soon and I am sure he will gladly blog the experience.

On Saturday we took the boys out for dinner and shopping.   It was amazing to see just how much food they could really eat.  Fortunately, we went out to Mexican, so we could feed them plenty and not pay a fortune.  It was a fun evening together as a family celebrating our anniversary.  The weekend was a great celebration of twelve amazing years with many more to come.

1 comment:

Lynne said...

What a fun anniversary and such thoughtful gifts! Do they make helmets for babies...(grandma talk). :)