17 April 2011

Happy Birthday Michael!

Michael had his 9th birthday and it was a really fun one. He was supposed to have his first soccer game of the season, but the weather was not interested in cooperating with that idea. So, instead we headed over to the YMCA for a safety party. There were stations by the first dept, police, martial arts, Hy-vee (free healthy food; well, semi-healthy) and much more. We got to watch a martial arts demonstration including boys breaking boards with their hands and feet. The boys loved that part! They also had some bouncy houses which are every boys dream come true. I forgot the camera, so you get pictures from my i-pod only but they are better than nothing. The boys had a blast as I'm sure you can see.





After lunch the boys were able to have their friends come over and as a little birthday treat I taught them all how to play Ticket to Ride. I have learned that the boys are no longer satisfied with children's games. :( But it was a blast and they all did really well.

We finally made it to birthday dinner which consisted of pizza and black beans. Michael was kind enough to let us have a salad with it. I just have to let you know that Michael had black beans with every meal on his birthday. I had no idea he liked them so much. After dinner he got to open presents which is always their favorite part, well, maybe cake is their favorite? We finally got Michael a fishing pole which he was very excited to get. Now we need to get a couple more, so we can go fishing together!

And here is the great snow leopard cake. I looked great and tasted great! After cake the boys got to watch 'The Lightning Thief" which they seem to really enjoy. It is fun to hear them compare the movie to the book. It sounds like they changed quite a bit. I sure wish they would quit doing that! Ugh! It was a great day and now I have a 9 year old who wears the same size shoes I do. I know people warned me that kids grow quickly but Michael has taken that a bit far I think. But we love him and are happy to have him as a part of our family. Happy Birthday Michael!

2 comments:

Mom said...

What a fun birthday. So wish we could be close enough to share in these joys in person, but as we can't thanks for making it so we can share in them anyway.

Mom said...

I want one of those slides. Great cake plate!