11 April 2010

Life just carries on

I realized that we hadn't blogged in awhile but things have been pretty calm and normal. So, here are some fun things we have been up to . . .

1. We are starting our garden! We have already planted tomatoes, cauliflower, peppers and eggplant inside and will transplant them outside when they are strong enough. We also had a friend come and tear up our lawn with his super huge tiller. It may just be dirt but it is beautiful to behold. The boys also got to take a ride on the tractor!







2. The boys have started soccer. I love YMCA sports for so many reasons! They are, unfortunately, in different grade categories, so we have to juggle practices and games at different locations. But they are having so much fun! I love sports that involve lots of running!


3. We are almost ready to order our cabinets for our new kitchen! We have been to Lowes, Menards and no IKEA pricing cabinets and IKEA is the winner. Now we just have to call them and tell them to put the order through. It is very exciting!


4. Homeschooling is awesome as usual! I found a website with free worksheets on it, so I just randomly pull up grammar sheets and see if the boys can do them. We have done some grammar but I believe that they can learn most everything they need to know from reading. I decided that I was right as they did very well on everything I could find from 1st to 4th grade! They amaze me every day! They have also started writing more stories. Michael has always loved writing but now Joshua has jumped in to join him when I give him some fun prompts. His stories are always silly but writing is writing!


5. James is super busy with the musical which means we don't see him much, but we can't wait to see the musical in just a couple of weeks! I'll have to let him blog more after the performance is over because he won't have time until then.


6. Oh and I had a birthday. We are now officially 'in our 30s.' How exciting! We spent the day at IKEA and then I had an amazing strawberry shortcake cake. It was awesome as I'm sure you can tell from the picture. The boys got me bobby pins, a calculator and new exercise clothes! Yippee!




7. Well so much for a short update but Michael mowed the entire backyard all by himself. We were very impressed with the job he did and look forward to him doing this on a regular basis. Well, James looks forward to this. :)


So, there you go. We are still here just living life and loving it!

2 comments:

Mom said...

THanks for the wonderful update! It's so fun to hear about and see the pictures of your life.

Somerset said...

Happy Birthday, dear friend! So interesting that we're exactly the same age and yet our lives are in such different places. Your boys are beautiful and I am so happy you found happily ever after with such a wonderful guy.