17 May 2009

Closing Song

We had four hymns today, and all but the last one was one of those two line wonders.  I really like those little hymnlets, especially if I'm wrestling one or more of my children during them.  For the closing song, however, we had a rousing Spirit of God, which the older boys tolerated reasonably well, and the youngest endured.  As we rounded the bend, goal line in sight, we sang with fervor

"Henceforth . . ."

still singing

"and forever . . ."

all is well

"Amen and . . ."

we're going to make it!

"AMEN!"

finally!  Followed immediately by Jacob's ecstatic

"I LIKE TO MOVE IT MOVE IT!"

Amen, indeed.

2 comments:

Marquie said...

oh my. that is just amazing!!! i SO wish i could have been there. i wouldn't have been able to calm down for the prayer...

Rachel Elaine said...

That is just too funny for words!