25 February 2009

How many moms. . . ?

How many moms does it take to jump start a car?  Well, probably only one unless one of those people is me!  My friend, Laurie, was planning to come over the other day to play when her car wouldn't start.  Someone left their door open . . . imagine such a thing.  :)  Well, I have jumper cables and a car, so the boys jumped in and over we went.  Now there are great advantages to having a newer car but let me tell you, my battery is not visible from the top of the car.  Who knew that was ok?  We found a red cover with a + on it and guessed that must be the positive terminal and then we found a silver thing with a - GND- on it.  Now I didn't really trust myself, so I drove to another mom's house who is smart when it comes to cars and she guessed we were right.  So, I went back and we tried and tried but we couldn't get it to start.  So, I went back to the car savvy mom's house  (thanks Camarie) stayed and watched her kids while she went and fixed the problem.  It was absolutely hilarious to me that I couldn't jump someone's car.  If nothing else I have now asked lots of questions and am better prepared for next time!  

2 comments:

Mom said...

I tried to jump a car once...yeah....

Laurie said...

I think you're not giving yourself near enough credit. It took a lot of effort on the part of all parties to help me out of the jam and I appreciate it even if it did teach us that we're such women!