19 July 2008

Homeless

I've always wondered how people can end up homeless, but now having been homeless for a week I guess it is easy to happen.  With a week between the end of our last lease and the start of our new one we wondered what to do.  A family in our ward was going to be out of town, so we asked to store our things in their garage which they gladly agreed to let us do.  Then, I started calling friends to stay with.  It is amazing how blessed we have been with such amazing friends who would gladly welcome our zoo into their homes.  Fortunately we did not have to impose as the family out of town offered to let us stay in their basement (finished basement).  It is basically a little one bedroom apartment down there with plenty of space and privacy.  The boys sleep in the family room and we sleep in the one bedroom.  It is by no means extravagant but has definitely met our needs.  They have been home off and on . .  . the joys of being grandparents. . . and have been very hospitable.  They make us feel welcome and treat our children just like their own grandchildren.  They are wonderful people.

I am still, however, looking forward to Monday when we get to move into our own new home.  Ok, I'm actually very excited!  Once we're in we'll take some pictures for you, but it is a 4 bedroom 2 1/2 bath home with a family room.  Yea!  It is a real house in a real neighborhood.  I'm starting to feel like a grown up!  I guess it had to happen sometime.  :0

I just wanted to thank all of our family and friends for their support and prayers during this very crazy time.  The Lord knew what he wanted to happen and though we couldn't always see it I am glad we followed His promptings.  We have been truly blessed.

No comments: