14 March 2015

Happy Pi Day!

I am sure that most people do not celebrate Pi Day, but I just can't help myself as a super nerdy math teacher.  I threw a Pi Day party with our homeschool friends, and it went very well.  I challenged the kids to learn as many digits of pi as they could, and someone actually learned more digits than Joshua.  I was very impressed.  A few even wrote pi day poems that were quite clever.  And we ate pie, of course!

So much yummy pie!  There were some amazing treasures!

And on a surprising note the weather was perfect, so the kids got to play outside.  They even had a great snowball fight in their t-shirts.  Olaf was correct that snow in spring is the best!  Here is Hyrum enjoying the swings and slide in this beautiful weather!  I didn't want to post other people's kids.  :)




Happy Pi Day everyone!

No comments: