03 May 2014

Gardening Begins

It has been quite a rainy week, but the weather was kind enough to break for the weekend, so we could spend the day planting!  James started by planting some fun bushes outside the fence that will fill in and make that side of the fence lovely!  Jacob got to help water!


After soccer and lunch we started planting vegetables!  In went the corn, butternut, tomatillos, onions, potatoes, broccoli, cabbage, and brussel sprouts.  

Joshua is working hard to get the onions in!  

Michael was great at measuring and furrowing.  It is great having a big helper!  

I am really good at holding the seeds and handing them down!  

I helped a little too much and apparently cannot create a straight line to save my life.  This must be my creative side coming out.  I will just stay in my chair next time.  :) 

There will be more planting, furrowing and watering next week, but we did pretty good for today!  We did learn that this is going to be a huge garden.  We were also reminded that planting seeds is not very fun but mostly because when you are finished, nothing looks different.  But eventually it will look amazing and that makes it all worth it!


No comments: