17 November 2011

Hand-Me-Downs

Having been the oldest I was never the recipient of hand-me-downs. As a mother I love hand-me-downs but have been saddened lately by the fact that Michael wears through everything he wears. Also, he grows so quickly that sometimes we miss sizes. I am learning to teach Michael to tell us when his shoes are too small. He will literally wear his shoes until his toes poke out the front because they have nowhere else to go. So, we have no shoes in sizes 4 or 6 because we didn't know that he needed a bigger size. Oops! So, Joshua has been lucky enough to get some 'new clothes' because Michael left him nothing to wear.

Interestingly Michael has now been the recipient of a hand-me-down. Actually, he is pretty excited because the hand-me-down is from ME! Now I wish that I am small enough that he could use my clothes, but alas that will never happen (though he does borrow my sweat shirt sometimes). But I was able to give him my old running shoes. Surprisingly he wore his shoes out, AGAIN and I can't find any I like for him, so I pulled out my old running shoes and passed them along to him. Yes, he wears the same size shoes as myself. But because I still am attached to my old shoes I asked him very nicely to let me know when they start to feel tight, so we can get him new shoes without him ruining my old shoes, so I can still have them as backup shoes. We'll have to see how that goes! So, welcome to our new strange world of parent to child hand-me-downs. So, this is our fun new adventure that we are excited to traverse!

1 comment:

Dad said...

Wow! Who would have thought!