14 May 2011

When the cat's away . . .

James is away this weekend with the choir, so we are home alone. The funny thing is that it is just like every other day, except at night. So, what is different when James isn't here? Maybe I shouldn't admit the following?

1. Breakfast is usually closer to 9 AM than 8 AM. The boys are so patient with me.

2. Everything is just a little bit more flexible. Bedtime was later, we didn't really have lunch today but a couple of snacks instead, I really just don't pay much attention to the time in general. The boys don't care when we do things and so they just happen when they happen.

3. Pizza movie night is every night. Well, not the pizza part but we definitely eat more carbs while watching movies or playing games. Oh, did I mention that we eat more carbs. I'll have to work that off on Monday. :)

4. I get to watch the movies I want to watch. I am going to watch Salt tonight and I'm super excited. I hope it is as good as everyone says!

Well, that is about it. It has been a fun weekend so far. We were sad that our soccer game was canceled and that it rained ALL day. We had to be creative to entertain ourselves but I think we'll make it.

Joshua is having a pain in his mouth-I'm not sure from what-but it makes chewing painful, so we have been having some creative food for him. Ok, not that creative but different from the norm. He eats mostly yogurt and oatmeal. So, we went shopping and found a few more options for him. Hopefully we can get into the dentist on Monday and figure out what is going on, so he can be happier and so we can all sleep a little better at night.

Well, that was a random little update but hopefully a little entertaining. We look forward to James' return tomorrow. I'll even be sure to make some chicken for him and cut back on the carbs. :)

2 comments:

Mom said...

Hurrah to you! Our days in Florida are pretty much just like that, later mealtimes, a little later bedtimes (not too much later though because I'm tired by bedtimes). And, too much tv...although we do have the lovely option of water, at the beach or at the pool. And, way to much food in general. I'm not used to eating with 7 people. Anyway, thanks for the update!

Jennie said...

Sounds like y'all are having fun. . . . Our guilty Dad's-not-here-treat is REAL pizza instead of gluten free. ;)